The Story of our Travelling Family

We're going on a BIG adventure...

Sunday 1 May 2011

Ladies who Lunch

On the corner of Steiner and Union in Cow Hollow there is the beautiful Rose's Cafe and last week, as promised, I took the girls there for lunch and hot chocolate.

Rose and Isla had been helping me in the house all morning and this was a special treat for just us girls. They were very excited and on their best behaviour. I was expecting a regular Californian coffee shop serving all day breakfast and sandwiches but instead we were greeted by a bustling bistro. Everything on the menu sounded delicious so we ordered buttered pasta for the girls with parmesan 'on the side' and hot chocolate and a clam and fennel linguini for me! It was absolutely divine and I can't wait to go back for some more.

In fact Rose, Isla and I have been making a habit of going out for lunch. We have been trying to have one day a week where we go off into the city to explore new places and this usually ends in lunch and bus ride home in time to collect Owen from school. We have visited a greek cafe in Pacific Heights, a wonderful organic restaurant call The Plant down on Chestnut in the Marina district and another a few blocks away - The Fish Grill. This is where I had a large bowl of brown rice with grilled Mahi Mahi and a teriyaki sauce and the girls ate fish and chips with chop sticks!

We've had salads from italian delis, sushi and noodles in Japan town and pain au chocolat at La Boulangerie where the walnut demi pain is the best I have ever tasted, not to mention out very own roof terrace restaurant at home.

I am hoping that our next culinary adventure will be Dim Sum in china town.....

Love Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message or comment on my post...